Friday, January 07, 2005

Spider-Man at The Movies

With the record-breaking success of the first two movies of Spider-Man, talks are underway for Spider-Man 3 to be released in May 4, 2007. Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst have signed to return in Spider-Man 3 as Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson.

Spider-ManDirector of the Spider-Man movies Sam Raimi said on July 21, 2004 that the third instalment is "going to follow the natural progression of the growth of these two individuals, Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker. It will be a love story and it will track the relationship as they encounter new conflicts that separate them. And hopefully their own will and love for each other will bring them back together in the piece."

"Harry will be a problem, but I'm not certain if Harry will become the Goblin or not. The thing I'm really not certain about is if he comes to feel, "Now I have the means to destroy Spider-Man - I was too weak before but now I have a way and I will become the man that my father always dreamed I could be." Or, does he feel, "Now I understand why Spider-Man had to destroy him, because he was a mass murderer and now my anger can drain away from me." It could be an answer to a question and it ends the pursuit, but I'm not certain which way to go."

"Well, I agreed to do three when I did the first one, so I always knew I was going to do a third movie. I know we're probably going to shoot it next Fall, Fall of 2005 but I don't know anything about it yet, " said actress Kirsten Dunst said in an interview on September 15, 2004. That would mean the movie probably won't be out until Summer 2006 and following the usual practice, the film will probably be released in May, just as they have with the previous films.

With Spider-Man 2 hinting on the story for 3, what do you think will be a better story - Harry Osborn as HobGoblin or Dr Conners as the Lizard?

Do you think Spider-Man 1 or 2 is the better movie? Why? What do you like and dislike about the movies? Write your comments about the Spider-Man movies here.

Suggestions have been given for the appearance of Man-Wolf and Venom, and these may also be considered for Spider-Man 3.


References n Sources: comingsoon.net; moviesonline.ca; countingdown.com; thezreview.co.uk

4 comments:

  1. I find Spider-Man 2 more interesting than 1. Considering the mix between action and romance, I'll say 2 really brings out greater excitement and humour. Particularly funny is the pizza scene swinging across buildings, Parker somersaulting over his bike and saying a healthy living and vegetable keeps him in shape, and the violinist who plays "Spider-man, where r u?".

    I hope Spider-Man 3 will pick up the story of the Lizard ... instead of Goblin 2 or Hobgoblin. Having watch Green Goblin in 1, I really don't wish to see another similar villian for a new story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the phenomenal record-breaking success of the first two movies of Spider-Man, talks are underway for Spider-Man 3 to be released in May 4, 2007. Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst have signed to return in Spider-Man 3 as Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson.

    Director of the Spider-Man movies Sam Raimi said on July 21, 2004 that the third instalment is "going to follow the natural progression of the growth of these two individuals, Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker. It will be a love story and it will track the relationship as they encounter new conflicts that separate them. And hopefully their own will and love for each other will bring them back together in the piece. Harry will be a problem, but I'm not certain if Harry will become the Goblin or not. The thing I'm really not certain about is if he comes to feel, "Now I have the means to destroy Spider-Man - I was too weak before but now I have a way and I will become the man that my father always dreamed I could be." Or, does he feel, "Now I understand why Spider-Man had to destroy him, because he was a mass murderer and now my anger can drain away from me." It could be an answer to a question and it ends the pursuit, but I'm not certain which way to go."

    "Well, I agreed to do three when I did the first one, so I always knew I was going to do a third movie. I know we're probably going to shoot it next Fall, Fall of 2005 but I don't know anything about it yet, " said actress Kirsten Dunst said in an interview on September 15, 2004. That would mean the movie probably won't be out until Summer 2006 and following the usual practice, the film will probably be released in May, just as they have with the previous films.

    Talk of the appearance of Man-Wolf and Venom may also being considered.

    Sources: comingsoon.net; moviesonline.ca; countingdown.com; thezreview.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. For latest update on Spider-Man 3, please visit Spider-Man @ .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like spiderman 1 and 2 because the scenes are really amazing. Tobey Maguire did a spectacular role and I like him because he's so handsome and I like his eyes especially on the spider-man 2. I hope that venom will be the villain on the next spider-man 3.

    ReplyDelete